The title here really says it all: the food, menu, and atmosphere at The Well’s new raw bar will wow you. It is beyond good. This food is absolutely fantastic. This may seem like exaggerated high praise, but we assure you, it is not. Some of most delicious seafood flavors you’re able to find on the Gulf Coast are now available right here off Garden Street. This somewhat-hidden gem of a lounge is now serving fresh oysters, tuna tostones, fish dip, huge shrimp, and more tantalizing flavors. The creative, unique menu is sure to launch The Well high up on every local’s list of their favorite seafood eats, while also providing a perfect backdrop for a date night, business meeting, or special occasions.
About The Well
The Well is a vintage taproom that boasts of an old Florida-style vibe. The classy, gorgeously decorated space is known for its classic, vintage vibe and unique drinks. Whether you’re looking to enjoy some “me time” or to grab drinks with colleagues, The Well is the spot to do it. Now, they are also offering select culinary treats that stun the palate and are receiving rave reviews.
Award-winning Chef Amy Potmesil says she created The Well’s menu based on her Floridian roots. She also explores Latin and Spanish flavor profiles by adding in local food sources from Pensacola to South Florida and everywhere in between. She makes sure to choose local ingredients, preserves, pickles, homemade dressings to build the flavorful taste profiles of the dishes. Plus, her curated bar menu, which consists of six small plates, is creatively designed to embody some of the most delicious new flavors you will try this year.
The Well’s menu has five main categories:
1. Oysters – The Well’s Raw Oyster program is well-loved for its curated selection of oysters gathered from Washington, Prince Edward Island, and even in our own local Gulf Coast Waters.
2. Cold Offerings – This includes chilled or frozen delights, such as the people’s favorite Spicy Tuna Tostones, Marinated Spanish Olives & Almonds, and Hearts of Palm Salad.
3. Sunday Funday – There’s also a “Sunday Funday” brunch festive cocktail menu with a price range of $9-$12. Bloody Mary, a Cold Brew Cocktail with Irish Whisky, or a cucumber-infused Spritz are some of the well-loved options.
4. Signature Cocktails – The Well offers a wide range of cocktails to choose from. Whether you like rye whisky, bourbon, tequila, vodka, gin, or rum, there’s something here that you might like. Not a drinker? Not a problem! Feel free to ask the bartender for a mocktail that is sure to taste just as good as the real deal.
5. Bubbles – You can also grab crisp and zesty bubbly drinks, such as Santa Maria Prosecco, Amalaya Brut, Piper Heidseck, and many others.
The Well’s New Raw Bar
Overwhelmed with options? Based on diners’ feedback and comments, these menu selections are the must-try at The Well’s:
The Well: A Delicious & Refreshing Culinary Experience
The Well is the perfect place to grab an incredible appetizer and a drink- whether you’re with a special someone, out to a business meeting, or with friends. If you’re looking to give yourself or someone a fresh food experience to remember, The Well has several perfectly original options. The menu is prepared by an award-winning chef, so you can expect that the food doesn’t disappoint. The vibe is also relaxing with a staff that’s extremely accommodating to boot. If you haven’t been yet- what are you waiting for?
The Well is located in East Garden Street District adjacent to its sister establishments, Garden & Grain, and Perfect Plain Brewing Co., which you might also like to visit. Chef Amy and the staff at the raw bar are serving up amazing dishes from 4PM to 12AM on Thursdays, 4PM to 1AM on Fridays and Saturdays, and noon to 8PM on Sundays.