Pensacola’s Saenger Theatre on Wednesday announced the results of voting to select the six films that will be screened during this year’s Summer Classic Movie Series.
“I was really excited to see the survey results this year,” said Kathy Summerlin, Director of Booking and Marketing for the Saenger Theatre. “We are looking forward to another record-breaking season mostly attributed to the overwhelming support of the community and our sponsors.”
The schedule is as follows:
- July 21 — High Society (1956) starring Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, and Frank Sinatra
- July 28 — Jezebel (1938) starring Bette Davis, Henry Fonda, and George Brent
- August 4 — Smokey and the Bandit (1977) starring Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, and Jerry Reed
- August 11 — Rear Window (1954) starring James Stewart, Grace Kelly, and Wendell Corey
- August 18 — Wizard of Oz (1939) starring Judy Garland, Bert Lahr, Ray Bolger, and Jack Haley
- August 25 — The Sound of Music (1965) starring Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, and Eleanor Parker
Tickets for the Saenger Classic Movie Series will go on sale to the public on Friday, July 13 at 12:00 p.m. at the Saenger Theatre Box Office located at 22 East Intendencia Street or on the night of each movie beginning at 6:00 p.m. Prices for admission are $5.00 per person for general admission seating.